COMMUNITY CENTRES - VINEYARD BARN/HAZEL GROVE AND PANSHANGER
This agreement is made between Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council (hereinafter referred to as the Council and the Hirer and relates to the Council’s accommodation: Vineyard Barn/Hazel Grove Community Centre (the Premises) and Panshanger Community Centre.
- The Hirer shall be entitled to use only the premises specified on the contract to which these conditions are attached (hereinafter called "the said premises") and no other part of the building in which the said premises are located whatsoever save for the use of the communal kitchen, toilets, cloakroom and passageways.
- The said premises can only be let for use for social, recreational and educational purposes. Unless specifically authorised by the Council, rooms will not be let on Good Friday, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Years Day or any other Public Holiday.
- Bookings are taken for a minimum period of one hour and multiples of ¼ hour slots thereinafter. When booking the Hirer should allow time to access and vacate the premises. The Manager reserves the right to charge for continuous hire if they believe there is not enough time between requested periods of hire to attract another booking.
- Before the hiring period expires the Hirer shall be responsible for leaving the premises tidy and ready for use, by cleaning all hall equipment, clearing away and removing all articles brought in, including decorations and equipment. There will be no facilities for this on the following day.
- The Hirer shall not sublet or part with possession of the premises or any part thereof.
- NOTE: The said premises shall be closed at 11pm except when permission has been given for the use of the said premises on the contract to which these conditions are attached. No admission or re-admission of anyone shall be allowed into the said premises after 10pm.
- The Council reserves the right on giving 28 days notice in writing to alter the hire charges or to revise or amend the conditions and terms of hire.
PAYMENT, CHANGES AND CANCELLATION
- Payments shall be made, without amendment, on invoice or no later than two weeks prior to the date of hire. Payment can be made via credit/debit card, cash or cheque (unless instructed otherwise by the Council). Cheques need to be payable to “Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council”.
- The Council require 28 days notice in writing of any cancellation or reduction in hire. If the Hirer gives less notice, the Hirer will have to pay for the reserved times.
- The Council reserves the right to cancel a booking by giving 28 days notice. The Council or other authorised persons also have the right to cancel or exclude the Hirer and their guests, without relieving the Hirer of their contractual obligations: if the Council is at any time of the opinion that the booking could prove to be of an objectionable or undesirable character; that it is not in the interest of good management of the premises; or the Premises are being used for purposes other than that under which they were hired; if the Government, Council or other public body require the premises for any matter of special importance, the Council will return any moneys paid. If the Hirer refuses or omits to perform or observe any of these terms and conditions, the Council may retain any fees paid and/or confiscate any offending items. In these circumstances, the Council will not be liable to pay any compensation for loss or damage sustain by such termination.
INSURANCE AND DAMAGE
- The Hirer will attach to the Contract of Hire a valid Certificate of Insurance providing cover in all matters of Public, Employers and Private Liability for the duration of the hire to the sum of £1,000,000 (One Million Pounds) or such an amount as may be required under the Employers Liability (Compulsory Insurance) Act 1969 and subsequent amendments hereto. This applies to Hirer’s that are a part of a business, a local branch organisation operating under a national umbrella and local clubs and societies which are formally constituted.
- The Hirer shall indemnify the Council against all claims, demands, actions, proceedings, costs and damages in respect of injury or death to persons attending the event. The Hirer will also bear the responsibility to pay for any damage to the Council’s property as deemed by the Manager and his/her word is final.
- The Hirer must notify the Council at the time of booking any factor which involves a fire risk. The Council will require the Hirer to insure against such risks in the joint names of the Council and the Hirer and may require the Hirer to produce to them evidence of such insurance. The Hirer shall not otherwise use the said premises so as to prejudice or jeopardise the insurance of the building in which the said premises are located and/or the contents against loss or damage by fire or other means.
- NOTE: No naked flames are allowed in the building or adjoining land. This includes: food heaters, barbeques, candles, tea light and gel cans. Only electric food warmers will be allowed, with the relevant inspection certification (see Condition No. 28).
- No person shall interfere with the electric light, power or other fixtures or fittings. No platform or other erection shall be put up without permission.
- The passages, doors and staircases shall be kept clear and unobstructed and no chairs or other articles shall be placed therein or any doors be fastened and the Hirer shall comply with all relevant fire regulations or orders currently in force. All arrangements as to placing of seats means of ingress and egress including gangways shall be under the control of the Council.
- Motor vehicles must not be parked in any of the exit ways outside the buildings in which the said premises are located.
- The Council do not accept any liability in respect of vehicles parked outside the said premises.
- The Council's Functions Manager, the Caretaker and any other authorised person shall have at all times access to the said premises and all rooms and parts of the building in which the said premises are located.
20. The Hirer shall be responsible for the proper conduct management and control of the hire and must be present at the hire and arrange to have responsible persons in charge.
21. In the event of the Hirer failing to comply with Condition No. 20 the Council may refuse use of or future bookings of the said premises unless satisfied that appropriate precautions have been taken to preserve order and in the event of the Council under this Regulation refusing the use of the premises for which fees have been paid they shall be under no obligation to return the same to the Hirer.
22. No alcohol is allowed to be consumed on the premises at any time. If a hirer is found to have broken this condition they will no longer be able to hire the premises in the future.
23. The Hirer shall not use the premises or any part thereof for a performance for which a copyright subsist without the consent of the owner of the said copyright or in any manner infringe any subsisting copyright.
24. The Council shall not be responsible for any damage or injury caused to any property of the Hirer or his/her guests for any personal injury to such persons however caused.
25. Where the said premises include a dancing area the Hirer shall not permit or allow any persons to dance in the dancing area unless suitable footwear is worn.
26. Overcrowding in such manner as to endanger the safety of any person present in the said premises shall not be permitted. The requirements of the Home Counties (Music and Dancing) Licensing Act 1926, the Hertfordshire (Music and Dancing) Regulation 1955 and the Theatres Act 1968 or any statutory amendment thereof must be complied with.
27. All hirers must know where the fire exit and assembly points are. In the event of an evacuation of the building they must make sure that all members of their group are safely evacuated from the building in a sensible manner. The assembly point for both buildings is at the far side of the car park outside.
28. All portable electrical equipment must be Portable Appliance Tested (PAT) or the Institute of Electrical Engineers (IEE) latest test and inspection code of practice for in-service inspection of test and electrical equipment, before use within the said premises. Without such proof being provided, the equipment shall not be used. Careful positioning of equipment is required to prevent tripping hazards to public and staff members and fire exits.
29. The Premises is a “NO SMOKING” building. Guests wishing to smoke, while attending any private function, must do so in the designated smoking areas outside the Premises. The Hirer must ensure all their guests are informed of this condition.
30. The hirer shall be responsible for all First Aid provision for all members of respective hire.
31. If for whatever the reason Campus West has to close due to unforeseen circumstances i.e. Snow and other inclement weather, we will refund any monies in full, however if Campus West and its operations remain open, no refund will be given. The decision not to attend any event is then purely that of the hirer or customer. 32. The Manager’s decision is final in all matters.
Issued March 2020